April 20, 2017
Happy Easter! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families. As we head back to school on Monday, April 24th there will be a lot going on between now and the end of the school year. On Monday, we will walk to the Alameda Theater to see "Born in China" in honor of Earth Day. Also on Monday, students will be introduced to a long-term project called Market Day. Please make sure to read over the guidelines with your child and be aware of due dates. While this is an in class project, it is important students are prepared for when we work on it in class.
We are in need of creation station items - please send in any recyclable items from now until the end of the year if you have any! Thank you! :)
Please make sure your child is coming to school with a morning recess snack.
What we are learning the week of 4/24:
- Story of the Week: "Martin's Big Words"
- Comprehension Skill: Main Idea
- Writing: Organization & Endings
- Creating Toy Store Word Problems with Money
- Easter: Come, Holy Spirit!
- Ch. 11: How Christians Act
- Time for Kids: NASA
- America's First People
- People Travel to America
- Market Day
- Why are so many toys made out of plastic?
- What materials might be invented in the future?
- Earth Day
- 4/14-4/23: East Break
- 4/24: "Born in China" Earth Day movie field trip to Alameda Theatre
- 4/24: Fun Run kick off
- 5/2: Art Docent
- 5/4: Spring Concert
- 5/5: Noon Dismissal
- 5/6: First Holy Communion
- 5/9: First Communion Breakfast (see email invitation)
- 5/15: Market Day
- 5/19: Talent Show 1:00pm
- 5/26: Noon Dismissal (Feast of Saint Philip Neri)
- 5/29: No School (Memorial Day)
- 6/9: Last Day of School 10:30am dismissal
**All library books are due on Tuesdays
**2:10 dismissal on Wednesdays
**Full uniform for Mass days